Police Compensation Scheme
Medical retirement is instigated by the agency as a last resort when it is evident from a medical assessment that an eligible member can no longer perform their duties. Medical retirement is not initiated by an employee.
The Police Compensation Scheme commenced on 1 January 2022 and enhances the level of care and support provided to officers who are no longer able to serve as a result of being injured in the line of duty and supplements existing in-service and post-service entitlements, including the former officer medical benefits scheme.
- Form PC1 - Request to Arrange Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Form PC2 - Request for Assessment by AMS of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Form PC3 - Evaluation of Degree of Permanent Impairment Report
- Form PC4 - Certificate of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Form PIRS - Psychiatric Impairment Rating Scale
- Form PC5 - Acceptance of Amount of Compensation
- Police Compensation Scheme AMS Providers
- Police Compensation Scheme Information Brochure
- Police Compensation Scheme Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions please email us at PoliceCompensationSMAIL@police.wa.gov.au.